Saturday, July 25, 2009

Altered Notebook


I picked up a few of these fat little notebooks at Family Dollar for $1. I decided I would make little notebooks for my convention friends. It took me just about all day to make 10 of them, but they are done and I'm really pleased with how they turned out. They were really easy to make. This particular size is a quarter sheet size (4.25x5.5) So it was pretty quick cutting everything out. I unwound the wire so i could make the holes perfect. I glued my front on and then flipped it over to see where the original holes were and then used my 3/16th side of my Crop-A-Dile to punch the holes. That by far was the worst part of the project. I thought the unwinding and winding back up would be bad, but it really wasn't! I used Stampin Up supplies for everything. The stamp set is the Level 3 Hostess set, Kind and Caring thoughts. I used the new in color markers to color the image and then used Melon Mambo for the base, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry cardstock. I used my mini calendar alphabet to spell "notes" and then cut them all out. I hope everyone who receives them loves them as much as I do! hehe!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I were one of you convention buddies. The notebooks are adorable. They'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to get one! YAY!

    ReplyDelete