Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July Projects

Here are the projects for our July workshop. I found this card layout for an advertisement for a whole other company. I loved it immediately and thought it would work great showcasing the new in colors and Designer Series Paper, Which by the way is Razzelberry Lemonade. The new In Colors this year are just amazing. I am completely in love with them already!
This card showcases the new darker purple, Rich Razzleberry; new yellow, Crushed Curry; and the new bold pink, Melon Mambo. I used the In color markers to color the cupcake from Party Hearty and used the 1 3/4 circle punch to punch it out. The ric rac is actually Elegant Eggplant, but it went very well with the paper, so I used it. It's part of one of the Ribbon Original bundles. This card was so quick and easy to throw together. A person could easily put a birthday/celebration sentiment where the ric rac is and have the same darling card!



WE also made this post it note holder. I loved this bird set so much that I just had to use it this month for our workshop. The set is called Bird on a Branch. I used Soft Suede for the branch, So Saffron for the spotty leaves, and Tempting Turquoise for the bird. You can't really see from the picture, but I used the color spritzer in the background with a Certainly Celery marker. It's very cute in real life. Also I used the new phrases set called "Teeny Tiny Wishes" at the bottom. I picked up the post it notes at the dollar store 4 / $1, so it makes this project very inexpensive. I used So Saffron Cardtock for the base, then Tempting Turquoise for the mat, and Very Vanilla for the picture. I wrapped Certainly Celery 1/4 grosgrain ribbon around the whole thing to keep it closed. Because the post it notes are a different shade of yellow, I matted them on a piece of Tempting Turquoise card stock just like what's on the front. This project was a little more time consuming because we used the stamp-a-ma-jig for precision for the branch and leaves. But it could easily be mass produced. We cut the bird out and popped it up with a dimensional.













No comments:

Post a Comment