In just two weeks I will be surrounded by thousands of Stampin Up demonstrators at our yearly Convention. I am so excited I can't even stand it! It is tradition to make swaps and trade cards with people. So here are the cards I've prepared.
This card is for a "case the catty" swap I'm doing, but it's not actually a part of convention. I copied the card on page 105. I changed the colors to Ricsah Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant, Burmuda Bay, and Basic Gray. I used a cotton swap and smeared ink on the circles of the leaves. It seems like that's what they would have done and it worked out great! I used the flower punch (the one that has three flowers, I can't remember what it's called) and a clear rhinestone brad near the sentiment. I used Sahara sand for the sentiment. They used Kraft in their example, which wasn't used elsewhere, so I figured Sahara Sand was a good substitute for my color scheme. This picture does not even do this card justice. It might be the best card I've ever created!
This card is also part of the "case the catty" swap. I cased the card on pg 82 for the Lots Of Bots page. I knew the moment I laid eyes on the bots that I had to have them. So I told myself if I was going to get them I'm have to use it to make my swaps. I only had Real Red 5/8 grosgrain ribbon, so I pretty much had to design the whole card around that color. I wanted the bot to have some sort of red in it, but to actually color it red was too much. I inked him up with Real Red ink, and then lightly color washed him Crushed Curry. Seems like that got the red point across, but wasn't so in your face. I used Soft Suede for the card base, Burmuda bay for the long strip, Crushed Curry for the mat and then my Real Red ribbon with a filigree brad. Unfortunatly that was the best option for the brad that's meant for that spot. It looks good enough I think.
Now this card is for a true convention event. We are having a dinner the opening night of convention, and this will be my swap. Again I used Lots of Bots (because I had to :)). I used Burmuda Bay for the Card base, with accents of Crushed Curry. You may notice it's the same layout as I did for my July projects. That's who much I loved the layout! I used Thoroughly Modern Designer Series paper here with Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon. I punched my bot out with the 1 3/4 punch, but then used the Circles big shot die to get the border. (something I wished I would have had when we did our July club). I plan on making this same card with girl colors, so I can prove these bots are for girls too!! hehe. I still have to make my "general" swapping cards. I'll probably make about 50 card fronts and I'm not sure what I'll do yet.