Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Watercoloring

It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE to color in an image.  I don't always have time to sit down and do it, but it is my favorite.  This past month one of my customers purchased Stampin' Up!'s watercolor crayons and made the comment of "I am so excited, but I have no idea how to use them".  She happened to be hostessing club the next time, so I told her we'd do that! Normally when I water color I just use the ink in the lid of the ink pad and a paint brush, so it was fun to get out my water color crayons and play with them again.  I'm sad they will be retiring after this month. 


I knew we would make a box or some sort of container, so I perused my Pinterest page and came across THIS fun tutorial.  I thought this would be the perfect little tote bag to showcase for mothers day. The Picture that I got the idea from used an entire sheet of paper.  I played around with many different dimensions and came up with a size that I could mass produce them without using too much paper.  We used the watercolor crayons and Basic Grey ink.  I realize my colors are pretty radical, but I wanted to showcase a variety of colors.  They made for a great punch of color.  However, not quite as matchy-matchy as I like :) 

Farewell Watercolor Crayons!

SUPPLIES:
Birds of A Feather DSP
Chocolate Chip Cardstock
Watercolor Paper
Chocolate Chip 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment