Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fathers Day

I procrastinated....I worked just hours before club to create, design and prep for club! Naughty Naughty! I hate to do that, but yet I've been doing it lately. Anyway. Here is what I came up with for Fathers Day. Seems like we always give my Dad some sort of Nutty gift.....Sunflower seeds, bulk cashews, etc. So I thought, for club, we'd make a little box that has a window perfect for a nutty gift! I actually got design idea through inspiration of our own beautiful catalog. Imagine that ;)! I was looking to guess the dimensions of the party favor die, and there was an amazing sample with a window on that very page. So I modified my size and figured out what would work best.
This particular box starts out as a 4 1/4 x 10 peice of cardstock. It gets scored, 1 1/2", 4 3/4", 6 1/4", and 9 1/2". Then long ways 1". I used Night of Navy for the box, then a piece of 3x3 More mustard ran through the big shot with the lattice folder. A piece of Brocade Blue (retiring, SAD!) 5/8th Grosgrain ribbon, tied with linen thread, and then a cute little tag from "Tiny Tags" that says "4YOU" punched with the tiny tag punch.
To give examples to my customers I whipped up this 3x3 card that fits inside. We aren't making it for club (because we are making the card below), but I wanted to show them how perfectly a little card would fit in there.

9 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I LOVE it! I am definitely CASE'ing this one. Thanks for Sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! My dad loves Cashews so I think I'll try something similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT'S NUTS!!!! These are great and a fantastic little size. May be having to make this with my group!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it -- and I love the embossing folder you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with 3x3 cards and my friends are following my lead. I also love the little nut house you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby lovespeanuts...this would be a cute little treat bag for him.

    By the way...I finished my club prep at about 6:15 Friday night...it starts at 6:30! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! My dad is a huge cashew fan too. The lattice embossing folder gives the box lots of texture character!

    ReplyDelete