Tuesday, August 5, 2008

CONVENTION!!!

Last week I spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Stampin up's convention!  It was SOOOO fun! There's nothing like spending the weekend with 6000 stampin up freaks like myself! LOL.  Actually I love the company even more now.  I love to see what the people are like that are on the inside of an amazing product.  Shelli, the co-founder, is so sweet and genuine.  Her attitude after enduring 20 years of this stampin up company is amazing.  I love the stampin up product AND the innerds of the company LOL.  (is that a word ??)  Anyway here are a few of the projects we made during our make n takes.



This is a cute little booklet made from the 3x3 love notes and envelopes set.  It has two envelopes and two 3x3 (actually 3x6" piece of card stock).  The set on the front is a new one called "Eastern Blooms"  The orange is one of the new in colors called Tangerine Tango.  You will see this color a lot from me since I LOVE orange!  It's a beautiful orange.  You'll have to see it in person to appreciate it. 

This card is made form the new set called "flight of the butterfly".  Though, we didn't actually use any of the butterflies.  If you click on the picture hopefully it will get bigger and you can read the cute sentiment.  The flowers on the green half circle are actually what I could put in the butterfly wings (take a look at the scrapbook page below)  This card also used some of the chipboard letters. Oh yea and check out the new 1" chocolate chip double stitched ribbon!  The new catalog is AMAZING! I can't wait to share it.

This 8x8 scrapbook page also used the "Flight of Butterfly" stamp set.  The butterflies in red at the top are actually a two step process.  First I stamped the solid image in Versamark, and then the dots in Rose Red ink (which is the same color as the paper).  The dots could be the flowers from the card above and one more pattern, which I believe is an outline.  I can't remember right off hand.  With little boys I don't get excited about butterflies as a mother with little girls ;).  Oh speaking of little girls.  I guess I should have gotten permission from my Sis to post a picture of her daughter on here.  But isn't she cute!  I tried to remember what age she would be and honestly I have no clue.  Maybe around 6 months??  Now she has gorgeous blonde curly locks! Anyway...back to the subject :) 


 This is another card using "Eastern Blooms" It was a fun color combination, which happens to be 3 of the 6 in colors.  Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Tangerine Tango. 

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment