Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cards for fun

Here are some cards I made for fun using our new sets.  I seriously cannot express my excitement enough for our new catalog.  The layout changed a little-for the better- and the new sets are just to die for! 

These two cards are made with the set "Dreams Du Jour".  I love to color, so I used Stampin Up's watercolor crayons.  The red one I used Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, and Old Olive Cardstock with the same colors of crayons.  The blue one I used Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss Cardstock.  The Crayons are great because I can just outline an image, or in this case I just colored the lines of the flowers, and then used a watercolor brush and that activates the crayon and smoothes out the color.  It's amazing.  You can count on that being one of the techniques for our club coming up!
This is also "Dreams Du Jour".  I used 4 of the 6 in colors-Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, Riding hood Red, Tangerine Tango- with natural Ivory and Black Cardstock.  This was a very simple card, but it turned out nice :)
Yes I think this Eastern Blooms set will be one of my fav's! I love it.  I used Tangerine Tango again (yes I love orange) with a chocolate chip stampin up marker.  I just got my first set of the markers and they are great!  I love being able to ink my stamps more than one color before it even hits the paper.  Anyway, I used Close to Cocoa and Tangerine Tango Cardstock with some Linen thread tied around.  Also I used the "Sanded" background stamp. I got the basic idea for the card on the web, so I can't take full credit for it.  Oh yea and you'll notice that the white piece on the card has a sort of textured look to it.  That's a fun technique that will be in one of our upcoming classes as well.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I am excited for our next club meeting it will be so fun to learn all of these new techniques!!

    ReplyDelete