Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Day

Well, it's that time of year....where we make cute things to show our love for one another.  I was helping the kids make their Valentines (for the first year I let them help me....I know I'm a control freak) and I decided I would sent out a package to my Grandfather who lives in Tennessee.  Which also would mean I'd have to make a card for him.  Gasp right?! Me....Make a card. I know I teach a card class every month and I am the WORST at actually making and giving cards out.  Anyway...Long story, well, LONG. I made a card.  When I decided I would...I perused my Pinterest board full of card ideas and thought this one looked good.



It was very simple.  I just randomly punched hearts from Stampin' Up!'s red glitter paper and then eye balled it.  I like the source's way of forming the heart, but I tend to be a "look at the picture and give it a go" type of person.  So here's my version.
I used a card base I had in my scrap hoard (yes i keep way too many scraps) and figured I'd go with the  Pool Party scrap I had. The Pretty in Pink banner is also a scrap from the pile. I just stamped the sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes set....A must have) on the paper and clipped the corners with my paper snips. I adhered all of my glitter hearts with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
  • Pool Party Card stock (122924)
  • Red Glimmer Card stock (121790)
  • Pretty in Pink Card stock (100459)
  • Red Ink (I think this is poppy parade)
  • Full Heart punch (119883)
  • Heart to Heart punch (retired)
  • Small heart punch (117193)
  • Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)
all tools and supplies are Stampin' Up! 



No comments:

Post a Comment